Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another two week wait

I had my appointment yesterday with the RE and basically it was a 45 minute ride and a co-pay to have him tell me congratulations. He said he has these appointments to answer any questions I might have about how the cycle went, but to tell you the truth, since the cycle resulted in a BFP I did not have any questions. None that I could think of right then anyway.

He gave me a list of my embryos and their growth through the 5 days in the lab. It is interesting to note that on day 3 none were at 8 cells. I had two 7 cells and one 6 cell. The one that arrested never made it past 1 cell. Had they been transfered at that point, I probably would have been bummed and thought the cycle doomed because none made it to 8 cells.

Then at day 5 before the transfer, the one that was at 6 cells on day three was the extended blastocyst so it caught up and passed the two in the lead on day three. The expanded blast was the only one that was graded fully - 4bb, which meant it was fully expanded and showed good inner cell mass and a good trophectoderm. The highest quality given would have been a 4AA at that point. The other two were not there yet and were simply graded at a 1 and a 2, meaning they were not fully expanded and showed blastocoel cavity beind half or less the half of the embryo.

So going by this scientific accessment I will guess that I will have a singleton. We will see though.. after all I am just using my internet degree in Embryology.

Now comes symptoms. None. The doctor did not seem concerned by it at all. But that does not ease my worry at all. I want to feel the little one growing inside me to know everything is all right. I was tired last week, now I am not. I was crampy last week and now I am not. I am however bloated, which it seems for the last year I have been, so maybe it is more fat then bloat? I am worried that because the tiredness I felt last week ended, so did my pregnancy. But as I am told by everyone, symptoms come and go and no one really felt much until about 7 weeks. So at this point all I can do is pray that this little one hangs on tight. My ultra sound is scheduled two weeks from today. So here I go again, in another 2ww!

4 comments:

Gina said...

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

:o)

Flower said...

Praying for you...can't wait...KUP

Damsel in need of De-Stress! said...

I know how you feel about wanting to KNOW the baby is there...but really, most women dont get symptoms until weeks after conception...your body needs to catch up :P Becareful what you wish for, cause 40 weeks of puking is no fun!

Your in my thoughts...cant wait to see what the U/S says!

Kris said...

Krissy I know it seems odd to have symptoms then not have them. I have that going on too. Some days I get these horrible cramps, and some days I have none. I am always tired though. Some women don't experience any! Maybe you will be one of the lucky women who has a smooth pregnancy! :)