Friday, April 3, 2009

Ugg

I am reading yesterdays entry and I am kind of chuckling how things can change from calm to panic in less then three hours. That's what it took me anyway. I got the call with instructions at about 2pm yesterday and all that not thinking stopped. As a matter of fact, I even have a headache from all the thinking I have been doing since that point.

My instructions. Stay on the same dose and come back Sunday. Sunday is 3 days away. In all my previous IVFs I have triggered on either a Sunday or Saturday... What? I am on Ganirelix this cycle. Last cycle I needed to start those shots on a Friday. With my last clinic, they had me coming in every other day until I reached the point of adding in Ganirelex. So to wait three days, what if something should happen.

Should I blindly trust the new doctor? If I do and I am right, then I will be out $4000 in meds. It is not his money on the line. The last bit of money we have for quite some time.

So I called and spoke to the nurse. She told me my E2 was at 247 and that it is not unreasonable that the doctor does not want to see me until Sunday. But she will also check to see if he will let me come in a day sooner for peace of mind. Of course, she calls me back today and says he most likely will add the Ganerelix on Sunday after my u/s then and he wants to keep the same appointment.

My first instinct - I much rather have way to many u/s and blood draws then too few, but then I wonder what if my last clinic added it in too soon and that is what caused my cycle to fail with all those crappy eggs? Shouldn't my doctor know by now what he is doing? This is only my 3rd one, but he has done this thousands of times. But out of the thousands of times, has he had to cancel any of them because he was not quick enough and an egg released?

In the IVF package, they warn you that cancellation is a possibility. I can not have that possibility happen to me. So being proactive could prevent that and that is what I want. IF I should not add Ganirelex in until Sunday night, I will send a box of cookies to my doctor and bow to his knowledge... If I need it before then and this cycle is canceled I swear I will go postal, but it is not in my control at this point. I need to have faith, it is just so hard to have that faith.

No comments: