Monday, April 6, 2009

And we're off!

I went in this morning to visit the vag cam. She saw 9 follicles over 12mm and then the u/s tech told me they will call later with instructions and sizes. So I spent the day like I do most days of vag cam visits, waiting for the phone to ring. And I waited and waited and then waited some more. Finally at 3:45 I called and left a message with my nurse. She called me right awat and told me that I would be triggering tonight, but they were still working ona schedule and will call me back with the time.

So I waited some more...

4:55 I get a call from a girl with spoke as though I was a second grader. Really slow and deliberate and annoying. "Take--your--shot, the--Ovidrel, at--1 am. You--need--to--take--it--on--time--so--make--sure--you--set--an--alarm--so--you--don't--fall--asleep--and--miss--it." Yep gotcha!

Then I asked what my E2 was and I felt like I was talking to a second grader "One thousand eighty-eight. I mean one thousand eight eight. Umm Thousandeight" Okay "You had a great rise and 9 measurable follicles" So I *think* she meant Eighteen hundrend and eight. That is a lot closer to my E2 last cycle, and my follicle count is pretty similar as well. So a decent response from my old and battered ovaries. I am happy and hopeful that we will get the same amount of eggs as last time with the one difference of there being a rock star in this bunch.

So I have to be in at noon on Wednesday. I am glad I can sleep in a bit. Scott is glad he gets to produce his sample at home with this clinic. Maybe his sperm will be happy with that as well? I will be most happy if two weeks from Wednesday I see two lines and of course, first thing first, I get some really good eggs this time. Ones that want to stick with me for a very long time!

3 comments:

Flower said...

Yahooo...I am so excited for you and I am praying that you will see those two lines.

Marielle0430 said...

Good luck!

Lisa said...

Best of luck to you!!