Monday, April 13, 2009

All in!

So I got the news on Saturday that I would be going in for a 5 day transfer come monday. I asked about the embryos and the quality and all the nurse could tell me is that I did have some to transfer, she did not have any information other then that. So it was a long weekend. I could have one or two or I could have three or four? What if I only had one and it arrests over the weekend?
I jumped from one worse case scenario to the next pretty much every hour I was awake.

Then finally Monday morning came! I got up at 7am to shower and get dressed and wait for Scott to do the same. We didn't have to leave the house until 9am but I wanted to be ready. Then I turned my cell on to see if there were any messages: None - good! I got my bottle of water and started drinking, then packed another to drink on the way. Finally 9am came and we were out the door.

We got to the clinic at about 9:40, there was less traffic then I thought there would be. We sat in the car and listened to the radio for a few minutes, but I was getting antsy and needed to go in. So in we went. I checked in then I waited and waaaiited. Not only did I need to know what was going on with my embryos, but I needed to pee!

At about 10:10 they came and got me. Scott and I both got dressed or in my case, undressed and we waited some more. I wish they realized that waiting for an embryo report is bad but waiting with an overly full bladder is horrendous!

At about 10:30 the doctor who was doing the transfer came to introduce herself, I still have no clue what her name is! She then told me about the embryos... 1 is and expanded blastocyst. 2 are blastocysts and one arrested on day3. I had THREE! She then asked if I still wanted to go with the game plan of transfering all three. I hesitated. Three, oh my, I never imagined having three! Then Scott out of no where said "All in!!" I agreed, this might be our last shot after all, might as well make it all or nothing!

We then went back into the transfer room, I got pictures of my blasts - that is right I have Blasts! I asked the embryologist about their quality and she said they all looked great with lots of cell division. The doctor then came in and was really great with the transfer. She was making small talk through the whole thing. Next thing I knew she was pointing to the screen and said "You see that white blob right there? That is your embryos" She also told me that things could not have gone better!

I can not even remember going to the bathroom, getting dressed or the ride home. I am just in a complete state of shock that right now I am housing not one or two but three perfect little blastocysts! Please little ones stick, Please! (Oh and when I write that I freak a little because heaven help us if ALL of them stick!)

1 comment:

Flower said...

That is so awesome!!! Now Rest..