Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beta day!

My beta was scheduled for 10am. I woke up super early and peed on a stick, which has become my morning ritual. Still two lines, this one slightly darker then yesterdays. Then I got ready and hung around the house until it was time to leave, I probably could have waited another 1/2 hour or so, but I was too excited and wanted to get on with it. So I made the 45 minute drive in to have a 2 second blood draw and drove back home. When I got home I plugged my phone in the charger and figured I would kill time playing games on the internet... Not five minutes later did the phone ring. Beta was back already!

"Hi is Kristen there"

"Kristine, yes" (I have corrected the same nurse on my name about 4 times now) "How are you?"

"Not as good as you! Congrats!!!"

Now is this the point where excitement should enter the scene? Not for me! I asked for the numbers, which she told me were 211 and that is "fabulous". Then she scheduled my next beta and told me I would still come in to talk to the Doctor next week, originally it was the WTF appointment, now it will be a What to expect meeting...much nicer =)

I then called Scott. He said "That's good" I said "It is official" He said "Official, good" Not much excitement on that end either. I call my sister and Mom and they are jumping up and down excited. Both asked "Are you excited?"

My answer? "Yep, well it hasn't kicked in yet but yeah I will be excited"

So to describe what I and I think my husband are feeling: Shell Shocked. I want to be excited. I even went to Baby's R Us and looked around. But when the woman asked if she could help me I felt almost dumb, like "Hi I just found out I was pregnant 1 hour ago and I am here to get my excitement on." I could not picture MY baby in any item in the place. I did see a nice crib. But it still does not seem real enough for me to look at details of that real crib. I bought a Red Sox onesie (is that how you spell onesie?) but it felt more like I HAD to by one then I wanted to by one.

6 comments:

Bluebird said...

Ah yes, I get what you're saying :) I laughed at the "I'm here to get my excitement on!" But seriously - Congratulations on being official :)

Michelle said...

So, so excited for you!!! Congratulations!

Damsel in need of De-Stress! said...

YEA YEA YEA!!!!! dont worry, you will go through a RANGE of emotions like no other for the next 40 weeks...its perfectly ok to not be able to picture a baby in any clothes yet...and yes, its onsie...OMG...this is way to cool...i have been rooting for you for a long time now....this is amazing!!

OH...and you may want to think about more then just ONE crib :P you know, just in case

Flower said...

Great Beta!!

Kristen said...

Congratulations!!!! GREAT beta! :-)

stacey said...

I totally get the shell-shocked feeling. You try and try and try, and then it works and you don't know what to do. And I can see myself in your shoes walking around BRus in a daze really. (I have yet to step foot in that store, E.V.E.R.)!