Saturday, April 4, 2009

Eureka!

After the nurse told me I could not come in on Saturday I was in a bit of a funk. I called my sister, a lawyer, and asked if I could sue if for reasons known to me (lack of monitoring) this cycle would get canceled. I didn't want monetary gain, just replacement for the money I would be out for all the drugs. She, with sisterly love, told me I was nuts and it would be more trouble then it was worth. She also told me that maybe, just maybe the doctor knew something more then me with my internet degree in infertility. Hmm.

Maybe he does know more then me, I sure hope he does. But I do know how my body worked for two past cycles, something he does not know because he just met me. So I hung up the phone with her and called my husband and then my mother for more of a bitch session. Both of them tried to calm me down. Both of them failed - what is the big deal about one extra ultrasound?

I then took a nice calming walk with my dog in the rain. When I got home, there was a voice mail. It was my nurse, she explained how she misunderstood the message and it was fine that I come in on Saturday - EUREKA!

So I woke up bright and early this morning to make the 40 minute trek in for blood work and an u/s. I asked this time. I am done not thinking. I have a 16mm, two 15's, a 14 and a 13. Most of them on my left ovary, which is weird since normally my right side is more dominant. She also said I have a "few" smaller ones, smaller to them is under 12mm. So basically I am cruising along just as I did for IVF #2.

So I wait for my phone call with further instructions. No doubt I WILL be on Ganirelex tonight. Score one for the internet doctors out there! I am also guesstimating that I will trigger on Monday for a Wednesday ER... we will see if that pans out.

4 comments:

Marielle0430 said...

Good luck!!

Flower said...

It seems to me that you knew more...LOL...

sunflowerchilde said...

Good job - it's always worth it for peace of mind. And you should definitely keep asking questions - I'm really sorry I didn't ask enough questions in the beginning of this journey and I'm just getting caught up on the ins and outs of things now.

momsoon said...

Cycling, hormones, IF in general is such a rollercoaster of what ifs and doubts and so you are not alone in this...having said that I am so glad your clinic listened to you ( I have had to shout to get them to listen to what I knew was true)...
Sounds like things are moving along nicely! I will be here to cheer and pray along the way...keep us posted!! Go follies!!