Friday, April 10, 2009

The longest days...

It has been the longest day ever and it is only 7:30 in the morning. I hate Fridays to begin with because work is super slow. Add to it that I am waiting for tomorrow for potentially life altering news and the clock ticks very slowly. How can you not think about it, when there is nothing to distract you from thinking about it?

Four. We were hoping to transfer three. What are the chances that all four will be good in 5 days? What are the chances that even two out of the four will be? I want to think positively, I really do but I am so afraid to get my hopes up. What if I answer that phone tomorrow and she tells me none made it or they are all horrible quality, what then?

We were thinking about transferring over my frozen embryo and thawing it to add to the total. When I found out it would cost about $2000, on top of the IVF cost, to thaw and add it in with this cycle, I declined and decided to just go with the ones we had. Saving that for a FET. Prolonging our chances by one more cycle, if this one didn't work.

I feel at this point like I have gone all in. You know the point of the Texas Hold 'em game where there is a hush over the crowd and the poker player stands up and takes off his hat and cut to a commercial break...This is just a 5 day long commercial.

2 comments:

Flower said...

Oh sweetie...have faith(((HUGS)))I know it is hard

sunflowerchilde said...

I'm praying that your embies come through for you and you have several excellent ones for transfer.