Monday, September 1, 2008

Egg Retrieval is Scheduled

So I got the word yesterday that I am ready. My e2 is 932, the day before was 723 so the nurse said it is getting higher and that is a good thing. I just feel as though it is on the low side from what I have read on the Boards. As another nestie told me though, I need to stop comparing my numbers with everyone else. Not everyone is the same, and I need to just think about me. So I am trying, although I am worried none the less!

I triggered last night. I had to work, so my Mom came in to trigger me at 11pm. I work at a bar, so my mother comes in at about 10pm and orders a Pomegranate Martini... Hello! You are about to stick me with a huge ass needle (no pun intended), I really don't think getting buzzed before hand is a good idea. So she gives me the lecture of her doing this for 40 years. How she teaches new nurses how to do this daily (she is a nursing instructor) and she can do it blind folded. So I went ahead and made her a very weak martini =)

The next hour dragged on... I stopped to talk to her for a minute and I said "You won't hurt me, will you?" to which she replied "Oh it's going to hurt. You . Not me" Thanks Mom! And then the clock went slower.

So at 10:55 we head into my bosses office. Lock the door behind us and I pull my pants down. My Mom has me lie across the desk and I am freaking out inside (probably on the outside too) My head is up against a big desk calculator and every time I rest my head the thing prints the tape.... She does the shot and I felt nothing. Nothing at all except a little pinch like a bug bite. Done! I freaked out for nothing!

Hopefully the boss won't review the security tape today!

And I am triggered. ER is at 10:30 tomorrow. We need to be in at 8:30 so they can get me ready and H's sample.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jody jsusann said...

Go Krissy Go!
Go Krissy Go!
You're mom is hysterical. I am pulling and praying your ER goes awesome, hon!!!! Baby Vibes Baby Vibes! Good luck! : )))))

ajvann said...

Thanks for the advice with the bruising! I'll try that. Good luck with your ER. I'll be looking forward to an update :-)