Thursday, September 25, 2008

Moving on to IVF #2

I am slowly starting to get out of the funk I have been in for the past week. These two days off helped me. Since I had to work since I got the news, I think I tried to push everything to the back of my mind and not deal with it. So this "weekend" (my weekend is Wednesday and Thursday) I got to think and cry and get past it. I can not say get over - because every BFN is a notch on the belt that will not go away, but I can accept it and I can look forward to number two. Which is something.

Next one will be different. I have faith in my Dr learning something from the past cycle and adjusting the protocol for a better result. If it does not turn into my BFP cycle, I at least hope to obtain a few more frosties. It is not over, there have been many IVF#2 successes, and just because I failed the first does not write me off for the second.

I do want to thank everyone, both here following my blog and on the Nest. You held my hand in the darkest hours and guided me towards the light. Words can not say how thankfull I am for all your support.

4 comments:

MP1648 said...

Krissy,

I just finished IVF#2 - I had my transfer today. I am definitely feeling differently than I did for the first - I am still hopeful and excited but since my first ended in a miscarriage, I am trying to protect my heart a bit. It is difficult to balance the emotions. It was also hard to let go and let the RE do what she felt is best - too much research with Dr. Google can be a bad thing!!! My name is lisa and if you ever want to email me, my email is lapmp1648@gmail.com.

Take care of yourself!

Disneylover1971 said...

Thanks Lisa! I wish you a ton of luck this cycle.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I started reading your blog recently through the nest of course...I am starting my stims for IVF today. I will say my prayers for you that you have complete success this cycle- I can only imagine some of your emotions- mine are out of control and I haven't even started yet! Good luck to you- I'll keep any eye out and cheer you on!

theworms said...

Just wanted you to know I'm out here and you're in my prayers. GL and I hope IVF#2 brings you the stickiest BFP. (((HUG)))