Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I have my protocol!!!

Thanks to the ladies over on The Nest who helped me figure out which protocol it was... The Long Lupron protocol. I went blank after my nurse told me est egg retrieval (ER) date, that all I could say was "okay thank you" about 20 times before getting off the phone with her so did not ask her what the protocol name was.

So here it is... I will start Lupron, one shot of 10 units every morning starting August 13th. Then I will stop BCP on the 17th after that I will have an ultrasound (u/s) on August 22nd and if I am supressed enough I will begin my stims (300 units of Gonal F and 150 units of repronex) that night. Estimated egg ER will be September 4th and transfer (ET) will be either 3 or 5 days after that.

A couple of things make these dates exciting for me. First I start stims on my bff birthday. Next is the ER date. Both my grandparents and my mothers dog passed away the first week of September (different years). It will be about time something good happens on that week!

I am really excited about starting this journey! My meds should arrive tomorrow!

Also, to update you on my nacho search. The 99 changed their menu... no nachos! Instead I got fish and chips and whined! So we will have to go to Applebees next week - I checked online and they have nachos on the menu, so unless they are cruel and change their menu by next week, I hopefully will finally get my nachos!

No comments: