Wednesday, August 6, 2008

And then there were needles...

My meds arrived today. 4 lbs of NEEDLES. I pulled out a bag of pescription bottles. About 4 boxes of meds. Alcohol wipes, gauze pads and needles. About 4 HUGE bags of needles. In all shapes and sizes. Half inch, Two inch and every size inbetween.

Talk about over whelming! I would post a picture of them, but in all honesty I have looked at pics of IVF meds before and it never seems as overwhelming as people discribed. I guess not until that UPS guy rings your bell and you open that box yourself do you realize - HOLY CRAP, that is a lot of stuff.

I got advice from a nestie to put everything I need for each day into a little baggy. That way I can just take what I need from the fridge and go. It probably will break down everything a bit better in my mind. Because, for some strange reason, it seems easier to imagine without looking at all the meds and different color needles all crammed together.

So that's it. I am already to go until next wednesday when the shots begin! Maybe I can take a little mental break from now until then - doubt it!

No comments: