Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It is starting to feel real!

I met my OB yesterday for the first time and I really like her. She was very reassuring and very patient with me. She kept touching my knee and telling me all is going well and the last u/s showed a wonderful looking baby and I should try to enjoy this time. She also told me each week that passes makes the possibility of m/c less and less. So 9 weeks and going strong is a great sign!

I couldn't get an u/s but we set up for an NT scan. To be honest, I am not really going to follow through on anything from the results of the scan, we worked too hard for this baby. There is too many risks I am not willing to take with a CVS or amnio, but I do want to see the baby one more time and insurance covers it, so why the hell not? Her nurse will call me Thursday to set up the appointment.

Then I scheduled my next two appointments through July and the big u/s which will be July 31st, roughly in my 18th week.

3 comments:

The Kothe Clan said...

After having 2 ultrasounds (7 weeks and 10 weeks), the doc said my chance of miscarriage was less than 5% since the babies had grown.

theworms said...

Sounds like a great appt. I'm so glad your little one is doing so well.

Damsel in need of De-Stress! said...

Havent had an update in a while...makes me worry a little bit...

let us know whats up!