Thursday, May 14, 2009

Should I tell or should I wait?

I see this asked a million times and my answer has always been that if a person is of support to you then you should tell right away because if something were to happen they could support you. So why is it I am afraid to call a couple of close friends to share the news? They knew I was going through IVF, they have since called and left messages of how I am doing. I called one and chickened out so told her I was doing "good" and left it at that.

Yesterday I told my parents about the perfect heartbeat and my mother goes and tells everyone she works with. Coincidentally, my mom just so happens to work with the wife of one of my co-workers. She said she swore her to secrecy, but I know you can never tell a spouse something you want to keep from another spouse. It just does not work that way.

Ideally I wanted to wait until I had an u/s with my OB which should be around 12 weeks. I just feel as though I would be most confident in the pregnancy by then. BUT I want to enjoy this time. I want to share with people I am close to and rejoice with them. I am so scared though of jinxing all of this.

So I will talk it all over with Scott tonight and see what he thinks. He thinks positively, always has through everything. Maybe he will be my voice of reason?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I could have written your blog entry. I am at the same point- literally busting at the seams, but hestitant to tell friends. Not really sure why. Like you--my friends know all we have gone through-- supported me through a failed IVF, so I am not sure why I am so hestitant to tell them this exciting news. I am slowly giving in and just praying that nothing goes bad at this point!
Lots of luck to you!!

Flower said...

Tell, Tell, Tell...enjoy this time of being pregnant

The Kothe Clan said...

I hesitated as well, but could not help myself. It killed me to hold it in. It is so difficult after all you have been through to enjoy this time. I feel your struggle! My husband is also very positive. He pretty much told everyone, so that made my decision easy.

Damsel in need of De-Stress! said...

We waited to tell anyone but our parents respectively. My brothers didnt know until after our first U/S...his brother and sisters the same. But we were not involved with IVF, so it was a little easier for us to keep our mouths shut.

I think you should do what your heart tells you. If you want the support, then tell! enjoy the high pitched screams of congrats by all your friends and revel in it!....if your heart is telling you that you need just a little more time...then wait a little longer. There's something to be had by enjoying the secret between your husband and you.