Sunday, May 17, 2009

7 weeks 5 days

I decided to update with some symptoms although nothing is screaming out to me still. I am feeling some things though, but most the time I feel "normal". Maybe someone who is newly pregnant will stumble on my blog to feel a sense of relief that someone else out there doesn't feel anything. Because for me it gets me paranoid. I just went in with a notion that all pregnant woman should be feeling this and that, so when I didn't I freaked and immediately thought something was wrong. The u/s alleviated that for me a little.

So here they are:

The big one: Bloat beyond belief, which I will half contribute to the progesterone suppositories I am on. It gets worse at night or after I eat to the point where I can not button my pants. That is the one constant I do have.

Hunger. Sometimes it comes sometimes it goes. There are days I can eat every two hours and then some days where I do not feel like eating anything. When I do force food down, if it tastes good I inhale it. I'm not sure I have left a morsel of food on my plate in the past week.

Nasty taste in my mouth. It starts in the morning, I wake up feeling like I drank way too many margarita's. I brush my teeth, drink some water and that gives me some relief. It comes back though and keeps coming through out the day. Sometimes, not always.

Nausea. I can not say this is huge. Nothing like I expected. Sometimes a certain smell will make me gag. Sometimes I will feel like I just got off a sit and spin and need to take a breather to not start gagging. These feeling quickly leave as fast as they come though. I think I have had it maybe three days out of the past few weeks. Believe me, I am happy for that.

Sore boobs. I have relatively small boobs, an A cup. They are fuller, but nothing huge, I maybe fill my cup size a little better now. They are tender, but not horrible.

Heartburn and gas. This is another almost constant unfortunately.

Lastly, I am tired. But it is not a nightly thing. I can be fine at work most nights. Then it all catches up to me after 2-3 days and I am taking a nap in the afternoon and falling asleep at 8pm. Next day, relieved again and back to my normal self.

All of these things I needed to look for to put together. They all happen on different days of the week and not one thing, except for bloat and gas, is with me constantly. Hopefully it keeps going like this and I can look back on my first trimester laughing at all the people who concieved within their first month or two of TTC and had a hard first tri of constant nausea! Or I will look back on this post and kick myself for saying what I just did, because it will come back and haunt me...

1 comment:

Damsel in need of De-Stress! said...

Sounds alittle like me my first trimester!

I looked more pregnant at first, then lost weight due to the fact that the smell and taste of food was horrible. I would make something and then try to eat it and it would taste horrible.

The sore boobs...yea, that stays for a while, my suggestion is to buy some sports bras and wear them at night too. ALSO....lotion lotion lotion on them....you will get stretch marks, but if you keep them well lotioned it will help the skin to better stretch....trust me. You should also start to lotion your tummy too...its a great habit to start now while you can.

The tired thing is me as well...i would take a nap at work during lunch some days, other days i would feel like i was superwoman. You may also feel the absolute NEED TO CLEAN...nesting i guess can happen this early too.

Hope it helps to know that you are starting to feel the effects of your hard work :P