Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wildfire

Sorry for no update. I guess I have been just trucking along and really have nothing to report. That is a good thing, my boring life! It has been a long 2 weeks of waiting for the NT scan, which is tomorrow. I still have no symptoms. I have days where I am starving, but more days where food doesn't really appeal to me and I have to force myself to eat. Other then that, I feel great.

Scott's dad is in a rehab hospital. He is hanging on and the doctors believe with some work he could go home in about 8 months. That is such an incredible change from a few weeks ago, so Scott is pleased, but still nervous. Anything can happen to cause a set back in progress, so we just pray for uneventful days.

Then for the GM dealership Scott works for... not the greatest news. They will be closing in October of 2010. We are greatful to have the years time, hopefully Scott will have no trouble finding something.

So that brings me to work and wildfire. Word spreads just like it. Work and the ability for news to travel through about 100 people in the matter of minutes. It always amazes me that an event could happen there at 3pm and I would get calls asking about it, from people on vacation at 3:30. It is like this with everything and always has been.

I told my mom I was pregnant. I forgot to tell my mom to not tell anyone, I forgot in the excitement I guess. Mom goes and tells her work. In her work is a wife of an employee at my work. Yep, 90 degrees of separation at play. She tells him, he tells so and so who tells 5 other people and so on. Next thing you know I have people digging for me to tell them, even though they already know. "Is something different about you? Did you change your hair?". "Let me see that top" as they examine my belly not my top. Then of course the dreaded direct line. "Are you pregnant?"

Well this went on for about 3 hours last night. Finally I had enough of people talking to me and looking at my gut, talk about self conscience. YES. Just leave me alone already - I know you know. Yay! Excitement!!! Woohoo. And dread. My NT scan is tomorrow, I wanted that to be the telling point once everything turned out good. I needed to make it two more days I couldn't and now I am afraid. EVERYONE knows. That isn't supposed to jinx things, but I feel like it is a huge hurdle now. Not like it didn't mean anything before but so many what ifs are now racing through my mind. Untelling everyone, having one person say congrats after should something go wrong. Ugg. Please God Please let everyhting be okay.

Next update - NT scan and Belly picks. Hell everyone loves looking at my belly it seems!

4 comments:

Melissa Griffin said...

Krissy - Can I ask...when you first found out you were pregnant were you bloated at all? Or do you still look normal liek you are not pregnant?

Disneylover1971 said...

I was bloated to start, the IVF drugs added a lot of bloat. The bloat never really went away and doubled since. My mom says I look about 5 months pregnant at this point.

Disneylover1971 said...

I do have to add though that everyone is different, I ALWAYS carry weight in my stomach. So I don't think this is much different. Picture chicken legs, scrawny arms, a flat ass and a giant stomach - that is me on an average day.

Bella said...

Ah...the dreaded "mom spills the beans". I'm so hoping everything goes perfectly tomorrow! Good luck!