Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Prayers are going out for Scott's dad

We got a call Monday night at about 3:30 am that Scott's dad was being rushed to the hospital. He was having trouble breathing and all Scott could think about was that it was due to the med change his dad had on Wednesday, his dad has suffered for years with COPD. He figured his dad would get to the hospital and be placed on oxygen and then everything would be alright once he was stabilized.

Scott kept in contact with his mother, who has broken English and I am sure was a nervous wreck. Word was going back and forth all morning long. Scott went to work and was reporting back to me when he heard something new. At about 10:30am I had heard his dad was in a coma. It was shocking news and I was so fearful. Scott was going to head to the hospital at lunch since his dad was still not stabilized and could not have visitors until after 11am.

When he got there it was discovered that his father suffered a heart attack and more tests needed to be preformed. He was placed in a "medicated sleep" as to not cause further trauma to his heart. He also has pneumonia and an infection. Through testing it was decided that he would need a triple bi-pass, but nothing could be done until the infection cleared. Three to four days. He will remain in a medicated sleep until then.

I feel so helpless. Scott is panicked. His aunt just passed away a month ago at 61 years of age. His grandparents both died young as well. His dad who has been sick for years, is now lying in a bed with tubes and beeps and burps. I can only imagine how scary it is.

I have no idea what to do or say. My first instinct is to tell him it will be okay, but that seems like empty words. I can not predict the future. Only hope that things WILL be okay. I love him so much and want to erase all the hurt and pain he is going though. I can't though. All I can do is sit here and hope and pray.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs & prayers sent out to you & your hubby's family. Keep positive!
www.barrenwomb.com

Bluebird said...

Still thinking of you sweet girl. You, and your hubby, and his dad, and the doctors, and everyone involved.

Lisa said...

Sending lots of good prayers your way, and hope that your DH and family can stay strong during this difficult time. ((((((HUGS)))))

Gina said...

Sending lots of positive prayers your way.