Thursday, March 19, 2009

My meds are here.

It is hard to be excited about the start of this cycle with everything that is going on around us. Should we delay? Is it selfish of me to continue on with life as it is while Scott's dad is so sick? I am still in the prep stages of IVF. I have to take estrace for at least a week while I wait for AF to arrive. Then I will have another 2 weeks, just about, of stims. You would think and only hope that Scott's dad will be out of the woods by then. Also, there is nothing for me to do. All I can do is continue to pray everything will be okay. Hug Scott each night and listen to his worries.
I remember a few weeks ago Scott's dad had one of his neices babies in his arms and he looked so happy, that is what I hope for my grandchildren and for him. I want to give him a grandchild.

A delay would not only mean another month of waiting. It would also mean I would have to repeat some testing since it has been a year since I had a hysterscopy. A requirement I need for insurance to cover their half. I rather not go through that if I could avoid it.

I am just hoping Scott's dad can clear the infection and have a successful surgery by Tuesday, my estrace start date, so all this is a none issue!

1 comment:

Bluebird said...

Scott's dad has remained in my thoughts. I'm sure its all so overwhelming right now. One of my biggest desires is to watch my grandparents hold their greatgrandchildren in their arms, and everytime they fall ill I worry that won't happen. I hope you find peace with whatever you decide. ((Hugs))