Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm not sure I am ready for this

With all other cycles, I was prepared, maybe even over prepared for everything. I would arrange all my meds in little plastic baggies with the days marked on them and when I got down to 2 days left I would write "order more" on that days bag as soon as the big box of meds came to my door. I would count ahead the days until BCP ended and knew what day I would be going in for my first and even second u/s. I would schedule a "date night" with Scott the night before stims so we could have some great food and wine.

This time, when my big old box of meds came in, I had so much going on with Scott's dad I just took everything that needed refridgeration out and kept everything else to the side. After all I still had two plus weeks for things to calm down. Who knew that Aunt Flow decided to mess with my neat and orderly way of life and come knocking on my door four days early. What is she thinking? She should know I do not like to be caught off guard for anything.

So now I am a week ahead of schedule. I had to do my baggies this morning and as I was doing them the realization came over me that this is it! For quite some time at least, until we can figure out our finances. Could the timing not be more wrong? Scott's dad is awake and alert, quite a turn around from a couple of days ago, but he can not talk, walk or anything else. They have the breathing tube in his throat and he appears to not be struggling as much as when he was just on oxygen alone. But he is far from out of the woods. Scott and his family need to arrange for his transfer to a rehabilitation hospital and to hopefully get his lungs strong enough to be able to breath on his own. I pray every day when the phone rings that it is not because something with his dad went wrong.

I have asked Scott a few times if he was ready for this IVF cycle and he said that he needs to continue on with as much normalsy in his life as possible and sadly going to doctors and shooting up is normal in my household. So that is what we will do, and hope that God has room for one prayer from us.

I now circled the calander, the week of April 6th. Time to call my boss and arrange for last minute time off. Deep breathe and a prayer.

2 comments:

Flower said...

You are doing just fine. I will be right there with you. I have already told my boss to expect me to be off a lot in April (wink)

Lisa said...

I truly believe evertyhing happens for a reason, and as this cycle you may not be as organized/prepared it was meant to be. This is going to be "the one" for you guys!!

Good luck!!