Thursday, February 26, 2009

I decided that I am angry with my 1st RE

I have had a few weeks to think and when I think I get myself in trouble. But what I came up with is that I wasted a year with an RE that really did not do much to get me pregnant.

First my 3 IUIs. I had a horrible response to all but one. One egg matured with my first IUI. We went ahead with it anyway to get a BFN. Then the next IUI she never upped my dose of gonal f, she kept it the same for me to produce a grand total of two follicles. I feel now looking back on it, since I had such a terrible response, why didn't she increase the dose? I was only on 75units. What could have possible happened by giving me 100 or 150 units? I may have developed one or two more follicles.?

Then based on all she knew from the IUIs she should have known the long lupron protocol was not right for me. But she went ahead with it anyway to get a dismal response. Lead the cattle through this very basic routine, like everyone is the same. Don't take into account I am not responding well to meds. Just do what you do for all first time IVFers and hope it works. So 4 procedures where I pissed away thousands of dollars to have nothing to show for it.

Next up. My useless WTF appointment where she told me nothing. I sat there and asked all the right questions to get responses like "I don't have that information in the computer" ?!? What? I just read an update from a girl on the nest who went to the same clinic I did, but had a different doctor. At her WTF the doctor went over all her egg quality. So two different doctors at the same clinic have different information about patients? Did my doctor feel as though the information I could have had was useless? I know it had to be available, what kind of clinic has no embryo quality noted?!

Also, when asked about my frozen embryo and if I should do a FET she leaned me in the completely opposite direction then what this other girls doctor did for her. She never told me their lab had a 90% that rate, I only found that out from the nestie who reported about her WTF. I specifically remember telling her I was concerned it would not thaw and I would like to have at least 2-3 frozen before attemting a FET. "Okay" said my doctor, "we should do another fresh". Lets make all the money we can from this girl since she is here.

I know this is all water under the bridge. I changed clinics. I feel confident that this doctor will be open and honest with me and feel happy about the switch. I feel like this one has the greatest of chances of working! I just feel I wasted time at the old clinic. Time that my AMA with diminished ovarian reserve self should not have wasted. It feels good to get it all out on "paper".

1 comment:

Damsel in need of De-Stress! said...

Good for you, let it all out! I wish there was a way to recoup your time and money, but as you said, water under the bridge.

Lets get on with the new doctor!