Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Things went well at the new RE

He talked with us for about 45 minutes explaining what may be up with my eggs. He said in theory I was 37 years old, but my eggs and the amount of ocytes I am producing were acting like they were 40s. So he would like to treat me like a 40 year old patient and be a bit more aggressive in his approach.

First, we will be doing a estrogen priming protocol with 450 Bravelle and 150 Repronex (that is 100 more units then the "max" dose I was on at my last RE). Then, we will be transferring on day 5, so he can watch my eggs for a bit longer. He said, and I agree, that if the embryos are dying before making it to blasts that it will help me determine where to go from here and whether to turn to donor eggs sooner or later. He is hopeful that that will not be the case since I do have 1 frozen blast and that it has just been a matter of bad luck and the embryos not sticking. He also said that when the cycle was over we could meet and access each egg and their grades.

So, we just need to get pre approval from insurance which will get started tomorrow and usually takes 2 weeks. Most likely I will start cycling at the end of March. So for the next month I will try to get my mind off things and clear my head before starting everything up...

Oh and no more butt shots for me! He does not think there are any benefits to using PIO over suppositories. So I am thrilled to have a 2 week wait without shots for a change!

2 comments:

Bluebird said...

Yay for no more PIO! I hear they're miserable :) I know its not fun dealing with what you're going through, but I'm glad you have a plan. It sounds like you have a good RE, and that you're on the same page with your treatment and level of agressiveness. I hope that gives you some level of peace and move forward. ((Hugs)) sweetie.

Damsel in need of De-Stress! said...

Wow...this guy sounds almost heaven sent. You are already getting more information then you had before.

I will be waiting to see what happens...

HUGS