Sunday, June 28, 2009

If I hear (fill in the blank) one more time!

So we have been "out" for about a week now, I always remember hearing and reading about all the pregnancy questions pregnant women would get asked constantly. I never realized how truly annoying it is though.

I work in a bar, one filled with regulars so I see the same people, with the exception of maybe one or two, every Saturday night. Saturday is my busiest night, with probably give or take 100 people coming in and out all night long. So you repeat the How are you feeling? Are you finding out the sex? Do you have morning sickness? When are you due? and my personal favorite - Are you sure there isn't two in there? Multiply all of those questions by 100 and by the end of the night, you want to start wearing it on a sign around your neck. I remember seeing t-shirts on Cafe Press listing all the answers to some of these questions and I am really thinking of getting one! Really!

What is really sweet is that I have a group of three customers. Women in their 60's who are giving me an extra dollar a week and made me swear to start a "baby jar" so I can deposit this extra money a week in the kitty for the baby. They made it very clear that this was not my tip money, but the babies money. Besides opening beers for these ladies, I do not know them well, so this gesture is very sweet. They started it last week, but really I thought that it was a one week thing. They are serious about it and they are trying to recruit other customers in on the deal too! So I came home last night, exhausted from answering way too may questions and dug out a vase to start the kitty. I think I may go out and buy one of those cute piggy banks. My son or daughters first piggy bank!

1 comment:

Melissa Griffin said...

WOW that is a rally nice gesture. I know what you mean about the questions..I work at a bar too in a restaurant and I get the any news yet? ALL THE TIME! Its quite annoying even though they mean well...they are just happy for you but yes it can be annoying!