Friday, June 26, 2009

It is a good day!

First, the sun has been shining for two days in a row. I think a new record for this horrible "summer". I can not believe it is a week until July 4th, my mothers pool has been open for over a month and there just have been no good days to use it in, hopefully the weather will warm now?

Next I have a doctors appointment - a second trimester appointment! I am looking forward to hearing my little one's heart beating for the first time. Another huge milestone.

Also, for the past week I have really gotten into this being pregnant thing, the paranoia has settled down a ton. I actually believe in 6 short months I will be carrying home my real live baby. I have been reading Baby Bargains and making lists of all the things I will need to register for. Incredible. It took me long enough to settle into the belief that good things do happen, and I love being here and feeling secure.

I feel wonderful. I can not believe this is pregnancy! No morning sickness. No sore breast - no growing breast either, something I wanted, but will live without I guess. I just feel like I felt 5 months ago - even better without all the drugs for IVF I had been taking. I increased my eating, portion size but I am not starving like I expected. I just load my plate and usually clean it off. I gained about 5 pounds already.

I also have a baby belly. People at work are noticing it and of course pointing it out to me, like I do not already know it is there. I am glad it is though, because honestly it is the only tangible thing that is reminding me I am pregnant.

I keep thinking that since the first trimester was so easy I am doomed for a 36 hour labor or something. Or maybe it is giving me reprieve because I had to go through so much to get here? Either way, I am just HAPPY!

And the moment you have been waiting for (or maybe not) - the first belly pic taken at 13 weeks. Sorry for the blurriness, they all came out like that and I can not figure out why. Maybe something is set wrong on my camera, but I am technologically challenged so need Scott to look at it later for me.


I just realized how scary this picture looks. I need to start wearing cute clothes when taking these pics. The weather here has been crappy, my jeans are not comfy at all so I spend my days off in sweats. I need to buy maternity jeans - next thing on my list!

1 comment:

Flower said...

Beautiful belly!!