Saturday, June 20, 2009

He agreed to a girls name!

This is where I would insert a dropped jaw emote.

His first choice has always been Angela or Angelina, nicknamed Angie. It is just not my style at all and reminds me of a girl I went to middle school with, let's just say not a good remembrance either. Besides our last name ends with an A, so when you say any girls name that ends with an A and our last name together it is almost too sing songy for me to get used to the idea. I explained my reasoning and he understood.

So then I suggested my name and he said "okay"! OKAY! "What are you sure" Yep, I like. So if that is the name you want we will go for it!" ... "Really? YAY". Since way back when we were dating he never liked any name I came up with. He even shot down a variation of this very name! So it is confusing to me why he agreed so easily. I should go with the flow, which I am trying to I am just puzzled.

Notice how I have not given the name out yet? First, we need this to be a girl for it to work, we still have not decided on a boys name. Second, I am waiting for Scott to come back and say he changed his mind. He never agrees this easily, there has got to be a catch. Then the third reason is that this name can be spelled several different ways and I want to make sure I am choosing the perfect spelling. Maybe one day I will open it up to opinions how you would spell it, but that would be after we know it is a girl and if I can't decide on my own.

Six more weeks! Since we had an easy time with the girls name, it is sure to be a boy!

No comments: