Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Will Work For Baby

Word out on the street is that I will work for a baby. Maybe I even stood on a corner holding out a sign?!? No, I have not gone that far yet, but I am taking any odd task that may come up just for an extra buck or two.

First, my mother, whom we told we would not accept money from devised a scheme to give me money without just giving it to me. I am painting her house. Rather then her pay the "shitty guy who ripped her off last time" by charging her way too much for way bad work, she asked me if I would paint her house. She will pay me less then the other guy charged, but still more then a part time job at McDonalds would pull in on a weekend. Done deal...

Oh and look at that Scotty - her storm doors need to be replaced. She will pay him for his carpentry skills too. As she rationalized it, she will be spending the money anyway. It made sense I guess, but in the back of my mind I know she would have put off painting the house and replacing the storm door had we not needed the money. Cute and appreciated :::wink:::

Next there is ChaCha, an online job where you answer inquiries that are texted to you and make money per answer. I failed the test to be a guide but then recieved an invite to test to be a translator. Basically I listen to some 14 year old ramble a stupid question and type what he says. Easy enough, and since I spend most my free time in front of a computer, it is something I can easily do in my spare time. Definitly not something that will get me rich anytime soon, and I won't quit my night job, but extra money is what I need! So I am thankful for all these little ways to do it without actually having to be able to ofit something extra in my schedule.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Hey there KrissyH! This is CJB8 from the nest! Will you email me at Kristi889@gmail.com?? want to ask you something offline.