Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October is here!

I have always loved fall. The crisp air, the changing leaves. The Red Sox in the play offs!! Now I have my consult on the 22nd to look forward to as well. Hopefully I will be celebrating a World Series victory that day as well, although let's hope that the rolling rally will not be that day.

It is funny, being a life long Red Sox fan, how in seasons past the news that Josh Becket had a muscle strain and will be delayed to start would make my whole world dark and grey. Maybe it is due to having two world championship trophies under our wing, or maybe it is due to having more important life altering tragedies under my belt. What ever it is, I am not affected by it one bit.

I am hopeful that they can come up with a win, but if they don't I will be okay just as I was okay with Tom Brady's injury and the doomed fate of the Patriots this year! Life goes on.

Maybe it has something to do with me linking the meaning of a World Series win means I am pregnant? It was a popular saying in my house for years. "If the Red Sox win this game I will get a positive HPT" As you can see, even when they won I would come up empty handed. So maybe a World Series loss will give me a BFP. After all I can not expect to many miracles in the same month can I? Hmm. Something to think about!

So October brings in new air, new hope. As the butterflies duck for cover, fly south for the winter - or what ever they do. My butterfly of hope remains and perhaps even grows stronger.

No comments: