Sunday, October 12, 2008

A little snark.

Sometimes I can not help myself to read a post on a message board and keep my Devil Horns tucked in under my halo. I do know, a message board such as T-TTC on the nest is not the place for that snark, so I decided to come here to "let it out" a bit. Probably because there were two post in a row calling out for a little jab of the pitch fork.

First I will put the title of the post, then my snark filled answer, one that I did my darnedest not to type.

"I really hope I am pregnant this month" - Nope this month is no good for me, I have to get my nails painted and hair dyed. Next month would be better. Who cares if I have been trying for close to 6 years, spent 10k on IVF, October is just a bad month.

"Yay BFP" (14 posts under her name) - Umm, do I know you??

For the first one. It is a given. Yes, we all want it to be our month. Yes, I know a husbands birthday or a major holiday will help the celebration. But believe you me, it will be Christmas, New Years, Mother's - Father's day and the fourth of July all rolled up in one no matter what month we get our BFP.

The second one is probably my biggest pet peeve. It is like running into a RE's office and jumping up and down in the waiting area to exclaim your excitement. I hate to say it, but strangers do not care if you are pregnant. That works the same way on the boards as well. Yes, there are lurkers in the world, but your first, second or third post should not be a "look at me" post. Reply congrats to other BFP posts (surely there have been more the 14 BFP in the past 6 months since you joined). Offer ((hugs)) to those that need it ( I know more then 14 hugs were needed). Put yourself out there, even in the smallest way. You don't have to share your life or even post on a 24/7 bases but be there for us as you expect us to be there for you. Not so much to ask is it?

I am sure there are other posts that call for some snark, but these are todays entries. I am sorry if I offended anyone, I really do try to be as supportive as possible on the boards. Just some days...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

lol, no flames here. I feel the same way most days. I hope I'm pg every month...

Anonymous said...

I have to agree about the BFP postings that come from people I've never seen post before. I don't post a ton, but I can't imagine just coming onto the board to announce a BFP and then bounce right on out. I'm happy for them, but it does rub me the wrong way.