Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What a week

This has been quite a week.

My step dad, whom I would consider my real dad found out on Monday that he had 4 blocked arteries. The left is 100% blocked the right is 90% blocked and then he has two lessor blocked arteries as well. We all knew he was going to need something, we just did not know the severity of it all.

When he went in Monday we all assumed he would return with a stent, instead he is being scheduled for a quadruple bypass. His Dr is amazed that he has not been experiencing chest pain and that the only reason the found them was because he sent him to a stress test (which he had about 5 months ago). There was no doubt someone looking over him that he did not have a heart attack before his appointment.

He needs to wait for surgery, because according to them, he is not an emergency case, but he was told that they would try to get him in as soon as possible. Two to four weeks? He is under strict instructions not to lift anything, even his 20lb dog. If you know my step dad, this is nearly an impossible feet, because he is always doing to much as is.

I am so scared and I am praying so hard that they get him into surgery before something happens and that the surgery will turn out okay.

In better news: I had my WTF appointment today and I am pretty please with what I got out of it. The big news is she believes I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve and that I am not producing the amount of eggs they like to see in a 37 year old. Other then that, my embryo quality, lining and everything else looked good. She believes with more embryos to choose from, it would increase the likelihood of success, so she changed my protocol to Antagonist. She also would like to try assisted hatching to see if that helps with implantation.

Also, the new nurse is a total idiot! I do not need more testing as she told me. I am so relieved for that. So we will not change Drs for this cycle, but I do plan on speaking to someone if there is a need for a third IVF.

So with the start of next cycle I will begin BCP for IVF#2. I have about 26 days to gear up, drink up ;) and get ready for it all... Motherhood here I come!

2 comments:

Bella said...

Praying for your stepdad. Yay for a new plan that WILL lead to you to mommyhood!!

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, I hope they get him in very soon and everything goes well.