Sunday, October 5, 2008

Paid in full!

Sort of. Bounce from one thing to the next with interest is more accurate, but IVF #1 is finally in the books, red in the books. But in the books none the less.

We got the bill and paid the balance off with our credit card and now we will be spending the next year paying that off. At least I know exactly what is going to be covered with insurance and what is not going into IVF#2 so it puts a lot of the uneasy guess work = stress out of the way. The labs ended up being covered fully so that took a huge chunk off the top as well and the bill was actually LESS then what I imagined. That does not happen often so I need to revel in that for a day or two. And another added bonus, we reached our deductible (of course) so next one will be even less! Buy one get one 25% off. I love a good deal! ::Smirk::

I am thankful I had the opportunity to be able to purchase an individual plan. With out this we would have been lucky to have been able to afford one. So this plan gives us 3 chances. Maybe four. My heart breaks for anyone that does not have coverage. We are still scraping pennies to do this WITH 50% (no drug) coverage, I can not even imagine what it would be like paying in full for everything.

My mind does still wonder sometimes, maybe loosing full coverage less then a month before doing IVF (my first IVF was supposed to be in July) was some type of sign telling me to not even try? Was I supposed to fight this hard and go in this much debt to be a mother? Now with the economy as scary as it is, I question it further. This is not the time to go into debt. I was never in debt before. We were a cash and carry type of couple. So this is all new to us. Scary and new.

Here we are though, in the hole for one and starting to dig another one for one more chance. "Sorry son or daughter (or both) you are going to have to get a job at 12 to afford college, because mom and dad spent your college fund before you were even born"...

1 comment:

Meinsideout said...

This economy is scary. I am waiting for our bill now as well. We have insurance too and I feel so very fortunate.

It sounds like you are hanging in there, that is good.