Friday, July 31, 2009

The down week ends on an up swing.

The wake and funeral are over. Hard for everyone, mostly my mother in law. She hasn't been eating or sleeping, so I made a pact with her that I would eat if she ate. Beofre the funeral she was on top of me as she always is to eat something (even though I ate before going to her house). So I said I will eat a piece of toast if you have one too. She did. I did the same thing after the funeral. It worked. At least she got something into her.

She kept saying at the funeral that all Rich wanted was to see the baby. It brought me to tears every time. I wanted that for him so much as well.

Scott and his brother Glen were strong at the funeral. For Scott he said he prepared for this day when his father went into the hospital over 4 months ago. He knew his father was not strong enough to come back from this. His brother Rick did not take it as well. He broke down along with his mother. The week of tears ended. Scott told his mother to take it day by day. That is all that she or anyone could do.

Onto the upswing. Today was our scheduled ultrasound. The BIG ultrasound where we would find out the sex of the baby and if he/she was healthy. I was nervous all week for this. It was a bad week to start and bad things happen in clumps. At least for me they do. It was mostly all I could think about once the funeral was over.

I woke up this morning at about 7am and waited the 6 hours for my ultrasound. Scott was excited, too. We made our way in and got the head shot, all measured well. Arms waving, check. Then down to the legs. The baby was sitting Indian style, with legs crossed and as the tech put it. The baby really loves this position, because he would not uncross those legs for anything. I went up walked around, went to the bathroom came back. Nope. Cross those legs again. Poke, prod, walk. Finally baby uncrosses his legs to reveal his penis. The tech did not say anything. I said "It's a boy" She said "yep, no doubt about it" Scott smiled silently. He more enjoyed the baby sitting Indian style and asked the tech if she got a picture of him like that... Nope! All that time and she didn't freeze anything. Oh well.

On the car ride home Scott said he was happy that his boy was healthy and he would have been happy with a healthy girt too. I then said I can now buy Patriot's gear and the biggest grin came over his face! Then I asked about the name, we had dabbled with the idea of naming him after his father and now it was a given Richard Scott it is...

So there it i, life full circle I guess.

No comments: