Monday, July 27, 2009

A hard week.

Scott's dad developed an infection again. This time the infection dropped his blood pressure frighteningly low. The doctors gave him meds to help increase his blood pressure, but the infection continued to travel through different areas of his body, the antibiotics were not helping. Friday, it effected his brain, he had his first seizure. The doctors stopped giving him dialisis and told the family there was not much else they could do for him accept keep him comfortable. Saturday night, he had another seizure. During one of these seizure's he was left with no brain function.

The family had to make the decision and this time it was clear that there was no hope for recovery. They stopped life support early Saturday morning. It was quick, almost with in seconds and he left us peacefully.

My heart breaks for my husband, his brothers and espescially his mother. The brothers seem to be holding out well, the mom not so much. It will be a hard week with the wake and funeral. I pray for them.

I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers through all the ups and downs of this. It has meant a lot. He was in the hospital for close to 5 months, it was a hard fought battle and now he is at peace.

1 comment:

Bluebird said...

Oh, honey. How I had wished for a different outcome for you all. I'm so sorry. I'll be keeping Scott and all of you in my thoughts - I can't imagine how difficult this must be. ((Hugs))