Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dad goes in Monday

His quadruple Bi Pass is now set and ready to go for Monday morning. He is nervous, my mom is nervous and I am nervous but trying not to show it so they won't be more nervous. He keeps saying "they are going to cut me open like a lobster and take my heart out and flop it on a table" not a very pleasant thought.

His friends are all amazing! I ran into one yesterday and he gave me his number and said to give it to my Mom in case she needs anything. He, at about 65 said if it snows she will need someone to shovel and he can shovel. The offer was sweet, but I volunteered Scott for shovel duty and he passed it on to our friends son. (Yes - I have friends with teenage children)

I am very glad we decided to buy this house two blocks from my mother. You never realize your parents are getting older until something like this happens. The reality of it all scares me.
I want so much for them to know their grandchildren and for my children to know their grandparents. I grew up with my grandparents living in the same house. Very close knit and always wanted that for my family. When something like this happens it makes you wonder how much time really is left. Another reason to kick myself for the choices made.

I want to thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts and prayers. If you could spear an extra one or two, I could use them on Monday!

3 comments:

Bella said...

I will be praying for your dad and your whole family on Monday!

Disneylover1971 said...

Thank you Andrea. I really appreciate all the support I am receiving from my online friends!

Andrea said...

I'll be thinking of your dad, and the rest of your family. I hope everything goes perfectly!