Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's 5:30am and I am awake.

Nothing unusual for a mom, I am sure. What is unusual about it is that the baby is sound asleep.

For the last few days Dillon has been waking in his crib and entertaining himself with his mobile. It is great! He played for close to an hour yesterday before I went to get him to give him a bottle. What is not great is that I was paranoid about it. Like he was crying for hours and I soundly slept through it all or something, so he gave up and resorted to entertaining himself. So, at the first sound of him awaking this morning I was up. I checked on him and he was content. So I let him be. Now he drifted back to sleep and I am waiting for his next move.

I lucked out on how easy he is as a baby. He has his cranky moments, but I think I can read him pretty well. He fusses when he is hungry, when he is tired and when he has gas. Other then that he can be entertained by just staring at the ceiling, the lights or just about anything really.

He has taken to cooing lately. He will look up at me and just make this cute little 'ohhh' sound. It melts my heart. I think he is ready to bust out laughing any moment too. I went to dinner over my mom's house this past weekend and his cousins were there. He got the biggest kick out of Connor eating. He was smiling, cooing and half laughing. Hard to explain, but he would bust out this 'hah' sound every now and again. In any event Connor got a kick out of him and vice versa.

We are 1 week away from 3 months. I can not believe how fast it has all gone. It seems like yesterday I was crying none stop because he was in NICU and I was sore and tired and hormonal. In the same token, it seems like it was forever ago. I was looking at pictures of his bruised face the other day and I could not believe that was my baby. He was so tiny and looked so broken. Now, I have this chubby cheeked, 12 pounder (I am guessing).

He is now in 0-3 and 3 month clothes. What sucks is so many people bought him 3-6 month outfits and it is looking like winter will be over before he can fit into them. Of course here in New England we never have much of a spring, so everything except the heaviest of outfits may get some wear. At least I am hoping, the way it has been going with all the snow to the south you never know though.

No comments: