Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dillon's Christening date is set.

It was really the hardest thing we had to do so far. Getting dates that worked for everybody was close to impossible. I wanted to wait until April, when the weather was starting to warm up a bit. My sister, Dillon's Godmother, was not available the last weekend of April. My aunt, also my godmother, really wanted to attend his baptism and she was not available the last week of May. March was out because 2 weekends were booked. So when the church receptionist threw out May 16th, I told her I would have to get back to her once I checked with all the key players. Of course, it turns out to be Godfather Glen's birthday. We double check to make sure he had no plans, and he doesn't. We asked if he minded having it on his birthday and he doesn't. Yay. Done. I call back and confirm the date.

Next, we were deciding on if we should have a celebration or not. It is traditional for my family to party no matter what the event. Scott's family is more laid back. So I decided to leave it up to the reception hall. As you may or may not know, I work for the reception hall.

I call in and ask my boss to check a date for me. When I mentioned it, he said "ut oh", I replied. "No, if it is booked, it is no big deal." He said, "No it is available. It is the only date in May available"

So there you have it, I am having my first big party since my wedding. I expect the guest list will be around 100 people. I have to invite everyone who went to my shower, which was about 50 people. Their spouses and children. Plus Scott's friends who were not at the shower, spouses and children. I am debating on whether to keep it simple with just a light dinner served or if I should do a DJ to keep people entertained. It will be in the afternoon, so I am not sure what to do.

I did find the perfect outfit for Dillon to wear. Now the debate on what size I should order is on. He no doubt will be heavier then he is now, but will he be a full size bigger or even more? He seems to be growing like a weed!

SO I will have a busy next couple of months. Finding decorations, invitations, planning the menu. Now that I think of everything, I kind of wish the hall was booked already! I should have waited a week to check the date. Oh well!

No comments: