Saturday, October 3, 2009

My almost New Year's baby will be here for Christmas

I had a follow up OB appointment yesterday and asked her what the chances of me going the full 40 weeks will be with preeclampsia. She told me that there would be a 99% chance that they will induce me at 37 weeks since the risk of staying pregnant after that point would be too high. She also told me that I may even be induced earlier dependent on how fast the preeclempsia progressed. Because the on set started fairly early in the pregnancy, there may be a need to induce earlier. Either 32 or 34 weeks.

At this point they will do everything in their power to allow me to get to 32 weeks. Which means either bed rest of hospitalization with BP meds if things get to be bad enough to warrant it. At this point, I will continue to be monitored two times a week on an outpatient bases because everything is on the lower end right now. She did however warn me that preeclampsia can progress rapidly, so to be prepared.

My head was spinning when I left the office. It caught me off guard and made me realize that I only have less then 2 months before Dillon is here and there is still so much left to do. His crib isn't even here yet. The nursery is far from close to complete. I do not have anything and was waiting for after the baby shower to add on to what I may need. My shower is at my first goal mark of 32 weeks and that is 4 weeks away.

Christmas shopping. I need to get some things for our families and now for baby. Yes Dillon will not realize if Santa does not make his presence this year, but I always imagined the "Baby's first" orniment on the tree and the cute little Christmas outfit. Yes, all of this is irrational to a point, but it was the first thing I focused on. I know our families woulf understand if I were to be placed on bed rest or give birth and not get them a gift. I do know that.

Not to mention if I should go on bed rest. Who will take care of the house and the food and the dog. Scott has always been wonderful, but I hate to leave the burden on him. Add to that the burden of the bills being paid and me not working for an additional couple of months. Also, Scott starts a new job and we will be paying Cobra for insurance coverage for the first couple of months. All of which would be okay with two incomes. Tight, very tight, on just one. I know financially we have been able to make it before and we will again. I just was really not planning for this. Does anyone really?

I know I need to breath and go with the flow and stop over analyzing everything. I am a worrier, that is what I do. So for the last day I have spent half the time worrying and the other half over analyzing every pain or twinge I may have felt so I can call the doctor if symptoms start.

32 week is my first goal. I can make it to the first goal. Breath!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Everything will work out!!! Try and relax and enjoy having Dillon inside of you- his kicks, etc. This will give Scott time to learn your routines and he will be such a bigger help after Dillon is born. I bet your friends and family will pitch in once you are on bedrest as well!!!

Hugs!!!

Damsel in need of De-Stress! said...

deep breath girl....Your child came to you, do you honestly think that now because of him it will all unravel? Everything will be fine, and everything will work out!

Online shopping is your friend...so is short term disability. You may qualify for it if you go on bed rest. And dont be scared to ask for help!...if I was close enough...i would seriously come and scrub your toliets just so you didnt have to...and i only know you through your blog...i am sure that there are friends that would be more then willing to help out.

Hang in there...my son was early and he is thriving!

Bluebird said...

I understand, and I've had many of the same thoughts/ concerns about bedrest. It is so hard, and so scary, I know. Everything is crossed for 32 weeks! Once you get there, I'll cross for 34 :) (Then 36, then. . .)

((Hugs)) honey!