Thursday, October 8, 2009

Every baby needs a mural

When my sister got pregnant with here twins, I told her I would paint a mural for her nursery. She declined. In which I said, why not? Every baby needs a mural. Of course I had not painted anything in over 15 years at that point and she was nervous that I was basically talking out of my ass. I have always been pretty artistic, but in a way she was right. I never painted a mural before and although I would try my hardest to get it just right I had no idea if it would come out how my mind perceived it should.

So 7 years later I am blessed with my miracle. My first thought was to look on the internet for wall paper murals. My expensive taste kicked into gear and everything I liked was way over budget for something that would only be on a wall for 4-5 years, if that. Then I discovered Elephants on the Wall, paint by number murals. It looked pretty easy and from all the costumer comments it was easy. Plus it fit into the budget and one of their series fit into my nursery theme. So why not?

I ordered it. Once it arrived I was afraid I got myself over my head. Scott secretly was scared it would turn out looking like stick figures... Well I am very pleased by the finished product and so is Scott!

Monkey will be hanging out to the right of the crib:

Hippo will be standing on top of a bookcase (as soon as we put it together):
Add Image
Add Video
Remove Formatting from selection
Giraffe and friends will be to the left of the changing table/ dresser:


Elephant is playing hide and seek behind the door:


And momma giraffe is watching out for everyone from up high:



So the largest and scariest project is now out of the way. Now the wait continues for the crib, which hopefully will be here any day now!

6 comments:

Kris said...

You are amazing! I am so jealous you get to paint. I live in a townhome so none of that. Your nursery is turning out adroeable.

Jenn said...

Holy Moly!!! Gorgeous!!!!

Flower said...

Love it!

Can u come to my house...??? LOL

Lisa said...

Thats awesome!! Very cute...cant wait to see it all come together.

Bluebird said...

That is so stinking cute! I ove how they're all peeping out, standing on top of things, etc. Too adorable.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing!