Thursday, December 18, 2008

When it rains it pours.... poor I guess is more like it

Hopefully I am getting the bad Mojo out of my system now. For the past month we have been in a downhill spiral and I hope to come out of it around, oh, January 3rd would be nice.

It started with Scott getting a 10% pay decrease from his job. Better then the alternative of him getting laid off. So we counted our blessings, I started ChaCha-ing extra hard to make up for the lost money, we wiped ourselves off and trucked on.

A week later my car blew a head gasket (and yes, I kind of blew one myself). The thing will cost about 2k to fix. But I need a car to get too and from Doctors appointments and work. So that is in the shop and will be for about a week. Less if we are lucky, which obviously we are not, so I am sure I will not be seeing it until the new year.

My dad was kind enough to let me borrow his car for the week. So I picked it up yesterday, hmm his brakes are squishy I thought to myself... Drive some more today, had to coast to a stop. Real squishy! Try dead. Scott looked at them and he has a leak from the back hose, no break fluid at all. So the tow truck will be picking it up tomorrow. I will be taking a cab to work. The end of the free rides.

Such is life. Bad things happen in threes. Hopefully those were the three.

No comments: