Monday, November 23, 2009

I am going to whine for a minute...

I am super achy. It feels like I ran a marathon and all I have done today was get up 62 times to pee, take a shower and my big adventure to the doctors office.

I used to be a very active person who was always moving. To now being stuck in bed. My bones, joints and muscles are really feeling it. I am starting to hate my once cozy bed and soft and comfy couch. HATE THEM!

I am so afraid once I do have the baby that I will be so not used to doing anything that I will become lazy and/or not have as much energy as I used to. Just looking at the stroller at this point and I can not imagine being able to lift it because I haven't lifted anything heavier then a 12oz water bottle in 8 weeks!

I want to take a nice long shower - but I can't because I will start seeing spots, which is my cue to sit down and relax.

I have 2 weeks to go and I think I am starting to get antsy now that I see the end in sight. I am so proud I made it this long out of the hospital when all bets were off of me making it past 34 weeks. I am so thankful Dillon is growing big and strong.

I just want the next two weeks to hurry up and get over with!

3 comments:

Damsel in need of De-Stress! said...

na, dont worry about all that, every woman goes through the 'to big, cant breath, not comfortable in any position' stage at some point. I hit mine at 32 weeks.

You will get the energy i promise. You will not know where you get it from, and believe me honey, you aint even a little tired yet! This baby will take more then you have ever dreamed, but somewhere, you get the energy i promise.

And here is a tip, something that not only a book, but a mother and grandmother told me. The first 6 weeks is a blessing these days. Do...not...miss them. The house will bet there after that, do not stress about the chores, do not worry about the house, do not freak that things are not getting done as they used to.

SLEEP WHEN THE BABY DOES....omg i can not tell you what a life saver this one is. yea, you will have a million and one things to do while he is sleeping, but dont. Dont read a book, dont do the dishes, dont even turn the TV on, when he sleeps you sleep, at least for the first 3 weeks. Otherwise you will get exhausted and that is a whole nother realm of suckyness.

Cant wait to see pictures!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Disneylover1971 said...

Thanks Cheri! You have been a great cheerleader and support through all of this!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Damsel in need of De-Stress! said...

hey, from one new mom to another, i wish that there had been someone around (other then a doctor) to tell me what was normal and what was not.

There were things about being pregnant and labor/delivery that i wish i was at least told about before hand.

I have been following you for a long time now, and i just feel like we new momma's need to stick together!